About Me

My photo
I like good food and I can not lie. I also like saving money and rattling those pots and pans. Mostly, nobody gets hurt.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Fathlete Returneth! For Real, Son!





So remember back in December when I was gonna get married in June, and work out to be tiny in a wedding dress, and be awesome and skinny and healthy?

Well, a few of those things happened, like the married, and the healthy...but not June or skinny. Or tiny. Fierce and hot, yes. But not the other stuff. My beloved and I got married in February because Scott needed surgery on his ear, and I had better insurance. So we moved it up several months and several pounds before I had planned to be photographed in a wedding dress.

I did look awesome, but while sitting in a hotel room after his surgery to remove a tumor that turned out to be benign (Thank God), I signed up for Weight Watchers, hopng it would give me that fast loss like I had in the early 2000s on the program.

Not even.

Metabolism and age are a bisnatch. Huge hairy bisnatches. And after three months I have lost like 8 pounds. Blech. I am, however, down a dress size, and showing my tummy again.

So this is where you come in. I am reviving this blog so tht I get encouragement and, when approporiate, butt-kicking, Invite me to your fitness classes. Go running with me. See me at Happy Hour and look askance at my martini. I jus might put it down. Maybe.

No comments: