About Me

My photo
I like good food and I can not lie. I also like saving money and rattling those pots and pans. Mostly, nobody gets hurt.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Fathlete Swings Out...And Tries Not To Hurt Anyone

So today I went to the photo shoot for "Dancing For The Stars," the benefit dance competition that benefits the Kravis Center's Young Friends' group. It pits fake local celebrities like myself, and their professional partners, against Mayor Lois Frankel.

I'm not sure what I'm doing in this thing, as I:

 - am pretty sure I weigh more than Armando, my new partner, who is joking about doing lifts;
- can not dance;
- try to lead, even though I can not dance
- looked like Zena, Non-Dancing Princess, next to all the twig-like TV reporters and personalities, as well as their partners. And I weigh more than all of them, too;
- tripped at my own debutante ball.

But Armando's confident, and so we're gonna learn to swing dance! Well...Armando already knows how to swing dance. He's going to attempt to teach me, while I try not to break anything, cry, and to fight the urge to flee, clacking like a buffalo in dance shoes.

I'm looking forward to it. But it's gonna hurt.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The brand Capezio has been around since the late 1800s, so they have had a lot of experience in knowing what exactly dancewear needs to be like. The company that manufactures the clothing also keeps up with the latest trends so they have the style that most performers are looking for right now.

Meli said...

Umm... Yeah, I was there for your deb ball. Good luck with this, kid. At least you've got your hutzpah and a really hot dress.

Leslie said...

Oh, the deb ball. I will credit myself for the quick thinking that averted the dance floor tragedy caused by my failure to remember which part of my train I should be holding up. I just jumped up and down like a bunny so as not to halt the flow of couples. I looked like a jackass. But the day was saved.

Meli said...

Gee, I hope my last response went to your email and not to the web!!!

Good luck with with the swinging out.