About Me

My photo
I like good food and I can not lie. I also like saving money and rattling those pots and pans. Mostly, nobody gets hurt.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Marathon of the Palm Beaches and my Rocky moment

So this time last week I had finished an amazing run in Miami - 8 miles, y'all! - and was thinking that I would have no problem in tomorrow's Marathon of the Palm Beaches, in which I am running the first 8.7 miles with my fabulous Palm Beach Post relay team. And I was to avenge myself and my pride from the drubbing we took last year in the world's stinkiest, hottest, most dehydrated leg imaginable. Torture.

And then in the middle of a short run Tuesday, I got shin splints like a mofo. 

Uh-oh.

So is tomorrow gonna be my redemptive Rocky moment or my indie film moment of disappointment?

Pray for me.

And come cheer along Flagler/Olive.

1 comment:

Shiny Light Studios said...

I'll be there baby! Good luck!