About Me

My photo
I like good food and I can not lie. I also like saving money and rattling those pots and pans. Mostly, nobody gets hurt.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tator Tot update

They were out of tater tots at Howley's. Can you imagine? The tots were my happy place during the last mile of my run, and they were out of them. (By the way, that happy place says a lot about why I can write a blog called Fathlete.)

I had a couple of onion rings, that turned out to be a better deal, calorie-wise, as well as a crabcake that wasn't as crabby as they used to be there. (I am an official Maryland crabcake snob, so you have to bear with me on that). It was nice and lumpy in most spots - only in crab cake parlance is lumpy a good thing) but bready in others. (Again, bread is my boyfriend, so only in crabcakes do I want to break up with it).

They said that some cooks beat the crabcake stuff too much and break the lumps up, but that they were trying to get them not to do that.

So stop doing that.

I am going to San Francisco tomorrow, where eating and drinking are as normal as breathing (or so I choose to believe when I visit.) Looking forward to running those hills, because I look forward to the all-you-can-eat Soul Food buffet at Farmer Brown.

We all have our priorities.

No comments: