About Me

My photo
I like good food and I can not lie. I also like saving money and rattling those pots and pans. Mostly, nobody gets hurt.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving with the Fathlete

So I didn't run fast enough in this morning's annual Run 4 The Pies in beautiful downtown Tequesta, Fl. to earn a pie, like the first 700 finishers. So I was off my previous time in the 2006 race by about a minute. 

But I'm still eating pie tonight. It's just that I'm really gonna think about what I'm putting in my mouth today. I know, I know, that's pretty fundamental to the whole healthy weight loss situation. But usually Leslie gives herself a pass on Thanksgiving, sometimes because I'd run a race that morning, and last year, because I was chubby and injured and figured I should find my joy from somewhere...anywhere...even in pie.

Because pie is a central theme in my life. Again, these are all the reasons for being The Fathlete.

I'm not going to worry much today about sticking to allotted calories, only to just really like everything I eat, and not to waste my time and tastebuds on the mediocre. And then tomorrow...Zumba! And then more eating. And on Saturday, 8.5 miles in Miami Beach, that's gonna hurt like a mofo! It's gonna hurt like Mofro! And I don't even know what that means!

No comments: